Here is your official unofficial (LOL!) top 10 list of reasons why you should attend the LATISM Conference in Chicago this November. We’d love to hear your reasons be they serious, quirky, educational or downright zany! Clearly, our main goal is to learn from one another and promote the development of Latinos In Social Media across the country, but we wanted to have some fun with this list!
1. To meet Elianne Ramos – to many of us she’s merely an avatar on Twitter. Too bad those avatars can’t talk!
2. To determine once and for all which is better, New York style pizza or Chicago deep dish.
3. To see if the gente from Chicago really put pickles and tomatoes on their hotdogs. (mmmm, these last two reasons made us hungry).
4. To secure the world record for the amount of times “WEPA” is said in one day.
5. To visit the Lincoln Park Zoo – did you know it’s the country’s oldest public zoo?!
6. To meet the Latino/a movers and shakers across the USA making a difference in their communities (this alone should make you want to register)!
7. To meet the directors of the Charlotte LATISM Chapter – Somos de Cali, Caracas y McLeansville (the last one is a lesser known NC world capital…of around 1,100 people).
8. To get a Spanish lesson from “la profe” herself and finally determine the difference between imperfecto y preterito (okay, this one is for me and me alone).
9. To take online conversations and turn them into offline actions in the places we live, work and play.
10. To have fun and learn ‘mucho’ in one of the most exciting cities in the U.S. See you all there!!!